AkPIRG is dedicated to promoting awareness of consumer interest issues that too often go unaddressed. We are the only Alaskan organization specifically focused on defending consumers.
Southcentral Alaska is reeling from the recent earthquake damage. These are some tips to help consumers in the quake zone ensure that no one takes advantage of them and that they and their loved ones stay safe.
Coalition letter to FTC and CFPB
AkPIRG signs letter encouraging the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to investigate a security flaw with Experian’s website.
Companies void warranties for independent repair
A survey by the consumer group U.S. PIRG Education Fund found that the vast majority of appliance manufacturers continue to oppose independent repair. Of the 50 appliance manufacturers surveyed, 45 automatically void the warranties if the device had “unauthorized” repair.
- May 21, 2019 AkPIRG pressures big businesses to ban flame retardant chemicals. May 21, 2019
- May 16, 2019 AkPIRG joins with other states to Restatement of Consumer Contracts May 16, 2019
- May 13, 2019 AkPIRG supports the ML&P and Chugach merger. May 13, 2019
- May 6, 2019 AkPIRG opposes Alaska's public broadcasting repeal. May 6, 2019
- Apr 3, 2019 We need healthy choices for consumers, children, and firefighters. Apr 3, 2019
- Apr 3, 2019 AkPIRG supports Alaska's Regulatory Commission proposed rule. Apr 3, 2019
- Apr 3, 2019 Federal SNAP rule changes will devastate Alaskans Apr 3, 2019
- Mar 29, 2019 AkPIRG writes in support of Anchorage's Climate Action Plan. Mar 29, 2019
- Feb 20, 2019 AkPIRG opposes the Consumer Bureau's no-action policy Feb 20, 2019
- Feb 11, 2019 A toxic-free Anchorage Feb 11, 2019
- Dec 10, 2018 Protecting Consumers Against Earthquake Scams Dec 10, 2018
- Oct 25, 2018 AkPIRG public comment for the Regulatory Commission of Alaska Oct 25, 2018
- Sep 20, 2018 Sen. Murkowski should oppose Kavanaugh on consumer, other grounds Sep 20, 2018
- Jul 27, 2018 Sen. Sullivan should stand up to robocallers Jul 27, 2018
- Jun 18, 2018 State backlog means long wait for health coverage for some Alaskans Jun 18, 2018
- May 2018